Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Things I'll miss when I leaves Taiwan

The post below was drafted one month ago, and that was my feeling and knowledge of it one month ago, it was dragged till now only I post it because I find it really time-wasting to spend a few hours to do a post and 30 minutes to upload a picture. So yes, throwback to one month ago's feeling and updates:

I pretty much have around two and a half months left before I board my flight back to KL. At this point of time, I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. Sure, I'll miss some Malaysians food here and there, but not always, it only happens when I see close up photo of Msian food on Instagram or Facebook. Other than that, I'm pretty much fine. The reason I'm not sure if I'm ready to leave Taiwan is because I have become very comfortable living here, so so comfortable. And what are the factors that make it so comfortable?

Well, let's see:

1. Convenience store and supermarket

Yes yes, people who knows me well enough know that I'm quite a fan of awesome 7-Elevens, not those that are in Malaysia please, but those that in our dear neighbor, Thailand's. And Taiwan's are equivalently as AWESOME.


But if you were to ask me to choose, I think I prefer Family Mart more, because I prefer their instant food. If it is chips I'm looking for, I'll head to 7E then, because they have awesome seaweed sprinkled potato chips.


And convenience store is not the only shop that open 24H, there is also Welcome supermarket that open 24H too. So yeah, need not to worry if you need to get some fruits or stuffs when is close to midnight. plus it is really safe to go out at night, so there is no worries at all of being robbed or what nonsense thing that could happen in msia.

2. 光南大批發
Located nearby the main gate of my uni, this should be the shop I most frequently visit other than convenience store. Me and my friends loves this shop due the fact that they are distributor like their name suggest, they offer the cheapest price in town yo for all the things they offer.



3.湳山剧院
This is a second round cinema where they screen movies that was out 2-3 months ago. With just a ticket price of NTD150, you can watch as many movie as you want and bring in whatever food you want, super duper awesome! Imagine having a hot bowl of noodle or rice or whatever snacks you wish to have it cinema. In Msia, this is illegal you know.



4. The very central location of my Uni.
Since my house is not at the Golden Triangle in KL (like duh), I have never came to realize how convenient it is to live at the central of it all. To give a bit of background, my uni, that is National Taiwan University, is located at Taipei, precisely, Daan district. It is one of the most expensive estate area according to my Taiwanese friend. I'm very close by to a lot of places, I literally can cycle to Taipei 101 if I want, it'll take me just 20 mins I think.



Blue ones are the popular tourist destination, between purple line are like our Pavilion or Orchard, where all the high end shops are. Red dot is the exact location of my dormitory, so literally, everything is just in front my door step, I can just cycle to wherever I'm able to. In Alam Megah, I can only cycle to Giant sia, I can't even cycle to One City Mall. In Penang, I have no idea where can I cycle to from my dormitory.

That's all for now, will update this post if I could think more, because I really doubt I only miss so little of Taiwan.


No comments:

Post a Comment